We are delighted you have chosen IBM for your trial of a dedicated, self-managed instance of Open edX. To make sure that your trial is not rushed we are providing 6 months of hosting of your private Open edX instance on the IBM Cloud free of charge. You do not have to provide a credit card and there is no automatic renewal, as we don't have a credit card. This means there will not be any surprises at the end of the free period.
Important: Your Open edX instance is deployed to your own Kubernetes cluster we create for you on the IBM Cloud. Your free Kubernetes cluster will be deleted after 30 days. This means that to take advantage of the full 6-month trial period you will have to redeploy your Open edX trial every thirty days so that a new free cluster is created every thirty days.
Because the trial if free, it does have some limitations.
- Your private instance of Open edX will be hosted in the IBM Cloud US-South region
- your private instance of Open edX will be allocated limited resources sufficient for functional evaluation but it should not be used for evaluating performance.
- Kubernetes cluster hosting your private instance of Open edX will be deleted after 30 days and you will have to deploy a new Open edX instance if you want to continue with your evaluation.
If you wish to continue with your trial, you have to:
- save your Open edX customization,
- go through the process of deploying another trial so that a new Kubernetes cluster is created for you
- restore your Open edX customization you saved in step 1
If you you wish to locate your Open EdX instance in any of the other IBM Cloud regions in Europe, Asia, Latin America or Australia, or if you need more resources than what the free trial provides, please contact us and we will be happy to assist you with creating a paid IBM Cloud account for your Open edX deployment.
If you need to reach IBM Cloud support, please consult the IBM Cloud Support Center
For Open edX inquiries please contact Open edX through their website