1. Getting Started
2. Add a Unit
3. Add the Virtual Classroom Component
4. Retrieve Your Credentials
- Enter your admin dashboard. E.g..
- In the left menu, navigate to Courses > Create/Edit Courses
- Take note of your LTI Client Key and LTI Client Secret which are required in the next step.
5. Configure the LTI Passport for Your Course
- Now back in Studio enter Advanced Settings
- Scroll down to LTI Passports and enter the following using the credentials from step 4.
If you already have existing passports, use a comma to separate the passports within the square brackets.
6. Configure the Virtual Classroom Component
- Click "EDIT" as shown above.
- Change the Display Name. I'll use
Lecture & QA Discussionin my case.
- Fill in LTI ID with
- Fill in LTI URL with this value:
- If the following fields are present, set:
- Request user’s username - True
- Request user’s email - True
- Send extra parameters - True
Using Virtual Classroom
1. Creating Your First Session
Click the “Schedule a Session” button to start.
Fill in the
required information such as the session name, start time, etc…
reach the presentation field, you can provide a web URL to a PDF or image
resource you would like loaded in at the start of your session. To do this by uploading
your resource to your portal, refer to the next step.
2. Uploading a Presentation (Optional)
To upload a presentation resource to your portal, head over to the studio environment in a new tab. Once there, click Content > Files & Uploads
Upload the PDF or image you would like to use for the session.
Once uploaded, you can click “Web” to copy the web URL for the resource.
Finally, head back to your new session form and you can paste the web URL to the presentation field. Always click “Check Link” to make sure you’ve provided the right resource!
3. Finalize Your New Session
click “Join Now” starting 10 minutes before your session is scheduled to start.
The button will disappear after the duration you set has run up.